R&D Projects & Data Manager
SpazioDati works on applying Semantic Text Analytics and Big Data on massive amounts of Corporate Data to provide services - both B2B and B2C - of Sales Intelligence, Lead Generation, Data Cleansing, and more. It is currently used by many small and big companies in Europe and abroad and we plan to expand our services to new horizons soon.
A crucial part of our process is based on keeping adding new data sources and on finding new and innovative ways of extracting insights from such data. A lot of reasearch is done in-house, but many breaktrough innovations come from our constant collaboration with 3rd parties, including Universities, research centers, NGOs and other companies from all over the world. This is done in a variety of ways, from EU-funded research projects to in-house hackatons, from hosting PhDs to collaborating with researches in universities and within the industry.
Your role as R&D Projects & Data Manager
We are looking for someone who's passionate and talented in:
- working and communicating with scientists and practitioners of diverse backgrounds and cultures (think computer scientists, economists, mathematicians, social scientists, journalists, civil servants, data activists, hackers...)
- indentifying, analizing and assessing the quality of potential new data sources (Open and proprietary) and talking with their stakeholders
- designing, implementing and managing small and large scale international innovation and research projects
We are a multicultural team that loves collaboration, we trust and respect each other, we are "agile enough" and we all love data. If you want to work in a young, positive and exciting environment we want to hear from you!
- Scout, identify and assess quality (technical, content, legal) of potential new data sources
- Establish contacts with 3rd party data providers, negotiate and manage data on-boarding
- Keep in contact with 3rd parties, both data providers and researchers (industry & academia), to identify new opportunities
- Design and write research & innovation proposals and grant applications to be submitted both internally and to national & international research funding agencies
- you have a PhD in Computer Science, Quantitative Economics, Statistics or related field, or equivalent experience;
- you have previous experience in designing, implementing and managing international research & innovation projects;
- you are a quick-thinker, a problem-solver, who feels comfortable in reading and writing code;
- you are fluent in english and very good at communicating with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds;
- you are self-organized and willing to work in a startup-like fast-paced environment;
- you are familiar with basic statistics
- you have previous experience in managing the development and of delivery enterprise-ready data intensive systems;
- you feel at home with python and JVM-based languages (Java, Scala, Groovy) both for scripting and complex, object-oriented environments;
- you have experience with Big Data technologies;
- you have experience and feel confident with public speaking;
- you have a knowledge of company information, credit scoring, corporate research, data journalism, banking and financial technology markets and related sectors
How to apply
Send your application at <email@example.com>
- Your CV (any format is fine)
- Let us know why you'd like to take this position, what you expect and what you think you could bring to the team.
- Please, please, please, include a github account, some code you've written, an open source project you contributed to, a paper or research you published, or even a link to your work that you like (it doesn't matter if it's completely unrelated like a videogame, an art project or whatever else). Precedence will be given to application that meet this criteria.
Please bear in mind that we receive a lot of applications and it takes time to review them all. Also, we suggest you to take your time to learn about us, what we do, who we are, what our company culture is and use this information to make your application stand out from the rest. Show us that you care!