Software Engineer - Frontend Developer
SpazioDati works on applying Semantic Text Analysis and Big Data on massive amounts of Corporate Data to provide services - both B2B and B2C - of Sales Intelligence, Lead Generation, Data Cleansing, and more. It is currently used by many small and big companies in Italy and abroad and we plan to expand our services to new horizons soon.
Our Frontend Team
Our Frontend Team is responsible for creating products on the web which will deliver such large amounts of data to our customers in an accessible way, customise their experience and build ad-hoc solutions for their needs, including integrating our tools in their existing software. We use the latest and greatest tools which fits our needs, such as Django, React, Typescript, Less css preprocessor, testing our code at various levels with pytest, mocha and protractor. We also follow the (quite fast paced) trends in this field by continuously experimenting with new tools, frameworks and languages fearlessly replacing and refactoring existing code when we see fit.
Your role as Frontend Developer
We are looking for software developers that are ready to "get their hands dirty" for building a better world (of data, at least), one where information is clean and easily accessible; to achieve such goals is not easy, one should be strict but pragmatic, open-minded but skilled on troubles that are common when dealing with data. We are a multicultural team that loves collaboration, we trust and respect each other, we are "agile enough" and, hard to believe, we all love data. If you are an independent data hacker who wants to work in a young and positive environment we want to hear from you!
- Exploit your awesome development techniques using your JS/CSS/HTML knowledge;
- Build and manage user-facing and internal products to serve large amount of information;
- Create browser-friendly, mobile-friendly solutions;
- Collaborate closely with the team to ship new functionalities.
- you have a B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience;
- you are a quick-thinker, a problem-solver, who feels comfortable in writing code;
- you are self-organized and willing to work in a fast-paced environment;
- you take code quality seriously: continuous integration, testing, code review, linters.
- very good knowledge of HTML5/CSS3
- you're a great team player
- you are familiar with Python and Django;
- you've heard of react, redux, D3, bootstrap, gulp, webpack, mocha, protractor
- you're familiar with responsive design and mobile-friendly;
- you're aware of quirks of modern and less modern browsers (including that one!);
- you like to test your code;
- you like to ship features along with tests at various levels (unit, integration, e2e)
- you would like to to learn, challenge yourself, improve and broaden your skill set
How to apply
Send your application at <email@example.com> please make sure to include:
- Your CV (any format is fine)
- Let us know why you'd like to take this position, what you expect and what you think you could bring to the team
- Please, please, please, include a github account, some code you've written, an open source project you contributed to, or at least a link to your work that you like (it doesn't matter if it's completely unrelated like a videogame, an art project or whatever else). Precedence will be given to applications that meet this criteria.